Meal Applications

Meal Applications

School Funding Forms

Cupertino Union School District will continue to provide free meals to all students for the 2021/2022 school year. Families are not required to submit a free and reduced-price meal application to participate. Instead, all families are asked to complete a School Funding Form this year.


A portion of every school's funding and other resources are determined by the needs of its students. To help demonstrate that need, all families in Cupertino Union SD are asked to complete one School Funding Form between July 1 and Oct. 31, 2021.


The School Funding Form will be included in the Opening Day Packet emailed to you from the District. If you have submitted the School Funding Form and need documentation of your eligibility to receive additional benefits like a fee waiver or access to special income-based programs, please contact the Student Nutrition Services Department at Student Nutrition [email protected] to request a certification letter.


By completing the School Funding Form as soon as possible, you will help our schools ensure they receive the appropriate funding from the California Department of Education based on the information you provide. The information submitted on this form is confidential and has no impact on receiving school meals.


Frequently Asked Questions


If meals are free for all students, why should I fill out the School Funding Form?
The School Funding Form is used by the District to ensure the appropriate funding is received from the State


I don’t think I qualify. Should I still fill out the School Funding Form?
Yes, every family should fill out the School Funding Form, even if they think they may not be eligible.

Do I still need to fill out a School Funding Form if I qualify for other benefits?

Yes, you should still complete a School Funding Form if you are receiving food stamps, CalWORKS, KinGAP or FDPIR benefits.


Can a parent/guardian choose not to complete the School Funding Form?
Yes, a parent/guardian may choose to not complete the School Funding Form by selecting the “neither category” on the form